- Create an email folder
- Share an email folder
- Add attachments
- Attachment reminders
- Set up your email archive
- Check your email quota limit
- Create a new contact
- Edit a contact
- Create a contact group
- Edit a contact group
- Share a contact
- Share a contact group
The Email, Calendar, People and Tasks menu is now the top ribbon (In Outlook Desktop, the main feature menu is along the bottom.) Click the name to switch between them. You can also log out by clicking on your name. Change any Settings by clicking on the Gear icon.
Within the Settings icon, you can:
A. Refresh the page – in case anything is not working properly.
B. Create and set automatic replies – like vacation auto-replies.
C. Display settings – change the look of the inbox, email messages, and the OWA as a whole.
D. Manage Apps – add in extra features and functions to tailor your OWA to your preferences.
E. Offline Settings – turn on or off your computer’s access to OWA when offline.
F. Change Theme – customize the colour scheme.
G. Change Password – quickly change your email password. This does not change your password for your Condor ID and wi-fi login.
H. Options – extra settings and features (see next section).
Within the Options menu, you can:
A. Go Back - to the main OWA Mail view.
B. Account – see how much of your 2 GB limit you have used, edit your profile info.
C. Organize Email – set inbox rules, auto replies, get delivery reports, set storage limits.
D. Groups – create groups of email recipients.
E. Site Mailboxes – currently not available.
F. Settings – customize your mail, calendar and region, change your password.
G. Phone – add or remove devices, and wipe a lost device.
H. Block or Allow – add safe senders, block email senders (spammers)
I. Apps – Customize your Outlook experience with extra apps.
When in the Mail view, you are able to use the left menu to:
A. Compose new emails.B. Quickly find your favourite folders.C. Check your sent items or deleted items folders.
D. Selecting an email will bring up a preview of the message, where you can:E. Reply to or forward your email.F. Use the ellipses (…) to find more options.
Create an Email Folder
To organize and sort your inbox emails, use folders.
- Right click on your Inbox.
- In the right click menu, click Create new folder. Title the new folder in the field this creates.
- Hit Enter to finish creating the folder. (Rename it by right clicking on the folder.)
- Drag and drop emails you would like to keep in the folder.
- Right click on the folder to assign a Deletion policy. This will remove old emails after a period of time.
- Drag and drop the folder to organize its position in your folder list or within other folders.
Sharing an Email Folder
Your OWA will allow you to drag and drop attachments into your emails.
- When in Draft mode, pick up your attachment and pull it into the body of your email.
- It will appear above the Inline Reply. To remove the attachment, simply click in the attachment field and hit Backspace or Delete.
OWA will remind you to add an attachment before you send, if it detects you typed the word “attach*” in the email, but have not yet attached anything.
Set up your Email Archive
To conserve space in your 2GB limit (5GB for Administrative staff), use archiving policies to continue to store your emails securely, while removing them from your inbox.
- Choose a folder to archive, and right click on it.
- Choose Assign Policy, and then selectthe archive policy you would like to use.
- Once selected, it will be checked in your list of policies.
You can also use a Retention policy which will set a date to delete your emails. Once deleted, they are not recoverable.
Check your Email Quota Limit
To check how much is remaining on your 2 GB limit (5GB for Administrative staff), click the Settings gear next to your name, and choose Options. In the account area, you will see a progress bar indicating your useage.
When in the Calendar view, you are able to use the Left Navigation Menu to:
A. Compose new events.
B. Quickly jump to different months in the mini calendar.
C. Check other calendars shared with you, and turn them on or off.
D. See your Day, Week, or Month at a glance (see Quick-Jump Calendar).
E. Share or print your schedule.
F. See your events/meetings as a list.
You can also navigate through different months and weeks underneath the calendar title. You can change the view of the calendar by selecting Day, Work Week, Week, or Month below your name.
Create a New Event
- To create a new appointment or meeting on your calendar, click +New event.
- Title the Event.
- Add the Attendees by typing their names. Hit enter to see a list of all Conestoga email accounts with that name. Choose the appropriate account.
- Choose a Start date and time, and the duration of the meeting.
- Add a room, choosing from available Cambridge, Doon, Guelph, or Waterloo meeting rooms. The rooms will say (Free) if they are available during your time slot.
- If this is a recurring meeting or appointment, use the Repeat drop down menu to choose the recurrence frequency.
- Add any text you would like the attendees to read in the text box.
- Save the event to add it to your calendar. This will also send an email to your attendees.
When creating a new event, use the Scheduling Assistant to coordinate meetings with colleagues.
- When in the +New Event window, find and click Scheduling Assistant.
- This will open a day view of a Calendar. Select Day or Week, if you would like to see many available times. Set the date and time of the meeting.
- Set the duration of the meeting.
- Add attendees. This will display the attendee's calendar beside yours, in order to compare free/busy times. Select a time that meets your needs.
- Add a room if needed.
- Click OK. This will take you back to your +New Event window.
- Continue to compose the invitation email.
- Click save to add the meeting to your calendar and send the invitation to your attendees.
View Merged Calendars
A. See multiple overlapping calendars in one view. The calendars will be colour coded differently.
B. Turn calendars on and off with one click. Change the colour coding of calendars by right clicking on the calendar you wish to change.
An improved day-at-a-glance feature allows you to better plan and predict your day.
A. Add events and book rooms quickly by double clicking on the date you want.
B. Quickly change events with a single click in the At-a-Glance section. Double click to open a full event edit window.
The People feature in your OWA lets you view and create groups, search your contacts, in order to efficiently send emails and event invites.
A. Create a new contact. The minimum information required is name and email address.
B. See a list of all of your contacts.
C. See pre-created directories of rooms, staff and resources (like licenses). Use these to efficiently greate groups.
D. Search through your contacts and groups.
Create a New Contact
- Click +New.
- Choose Create contact.
- Add as much information as you like. The minimum is a name and email address.
- Click Save.
- Your contact will appear in your contact list.
Please note, contacts will NOT be automatically added as you send emails to various recipients, though emails you frequently communicate with will auto-fill in your email recipient field.
Edit a Contact
- To edit a Contact, begin by selecting the name of the contact to edit.
- Click the Edit option, below the name of the contact.
- Revise any of the fields.
- Click Save.
Your changes will be saved to the contact.
Create a Contact Group
Please note: you are unable to bulk add addresses to a contacts list in OWA. They must be entered one at a time.
- Click +New.
- Choose Create Group.
- Name the group.
- Add Members in the Members field. Typing a few letters of a person's name should bring their information up, just below the field. You can search for contacts, and click to add the correct member to your group.
- Click the Member name you'd like to add. Their name and information will appear below the Members field, indicating they are successfully added to your group.
- Continue to add other members, individually. There is no way to bulk add names or members.
- Once the group is finished, click Save.
The group will add to your contact list like a new contact. To send an email to this group, enter the group name in your email recipient field when composing an email.
Edit a Contact Group
- To edit a contact group, begin by selecting the name of the contact group to edit.
- Click the Edit option, below the name of the contact group.
- Revise any of the fields.
- Click Save.
Your changes will be saved to the contact group.
Tasks allows you to create to-do lists or action items, and assign them a due date. It can help keep you on track, and integrates well with the Email and Calendar features.
A. Create a new task, and see lists of tasks you have created. Right click on My tasks to create a new folder for tasks related to a project.
B. See All, Active, Overdue or Completed tasks. Organize items by due date or other criteria.
Create a New Task
- Find and click +New Task.
- In the pane that opens, add a Subject, and due date.
- Click Show More Details to add additional details, like time or recurrences.
- Click Save.
- View the task in your list, sorted by date.
Mark a Task as Complete
In your Task list, there are a few Quick Click options.
- Click the checkbox to mark the task as completed.
- Click the X to delete the task.
- Right click the red flag, to set the task to a different day.
- You can also click on the task, and Edit the task or mark it as Complete.
Setup Automatic Replies in OWA
Issues using OWA in Android Mobile Browsers
If you are using a mobile device, download and use the Outlook App, available at any Android, Blackberry or Apple App Store.
If you are using an Android device and accessing the OWA by using an internet browser, like Chrome or Internet Explorer, the OWA may look different.This browser-based OWA has three main workspaces:
The Email pane lists the emails with most recent at the top, and displays a selection checkbox, followed by the sender’s name, and the Email title. No email preview is visible.
Please note: this version of the OWA is unsupported by the IT Department.