Students / Employee Office 365 Email
Android Phone or Tablet
To connect your email to your android phone or tablet.
- Use the Built-in Android App
- From the Applications menu, select Email. This application may be named Mail on some versions of Android.
- Enter your Full Email address and Password, select Next
- Under account type, select Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync
- Once the device verifies the server settings, the Account Options page opens. Accept the defaults or select the options for how you want to receive and send your mail, and then tap Next. (You may need to scroll down to see Next.)
- On the Account Options page, select the options for how you want to receive your mail, and if you also want to sync your calendar and contacts, and tasks, and then tap Next.
- After selecting your preferences you will be taken to an Activate Device Administration screen, select Activate. (Please note: It does not delete any personal data from your phone, such as Pictures, contacts or files).
- On the Set up email page you can change the name of your account. When you're finished tap Done.
If you synced your calendar and contacts. You can go to those apps on your phone to view any items that might be there. If you synced tasks as well, you should see them in the calendar app on your device. It might take a few minutes for everything to sync.
If your device can't connect make sure you typed your email address and password correctly and try again. If you still can't connect please contact IT Service Desk
iPhone or iPad
To connect your email to an iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch device:
Use the Built-in iOS Mail app.
- Go to your device's Settings, scroll down and tap Mail > Accounts >Add Account.
- Select Exchange
- Enter your Full Email address, Password, and a description of your account, Exchange.Tap Next.
- The Mail app may request certain permissions such as accessing your calendar and contacts. To agree, tap Yes.
- Then choose the apps you want your email account to sync with your iOS device and tap Save.
To connect your email to a Blackberry device, set up your account using Exchange ActiveSync. Exchange ActiveSync lets you synchronize email, calendar, contacts, tasks, and memos with your account. In most cases, your device will set up your account in just a few simple steps.
- Go to your Settings.
- On the System Settings page, select Accounts.
- If you haven't yet created any accounts, select Add Account.
- On the Add Account page, select Email, Calendar, and Contacts.
- Enter your email address and select Next.
- Enter your password and select Next.
- The Looking up connection information message displays. Your device will try to set up your email account automatically.
- If it finds your connection information, select all the information you want to synchronize with your account, and select Done. You will see your account listed on the Accounts list. Go to the BlackBerry Hub to access your email account.
- If it can't set find your connection information, you'll see a message recommending that you use advanced setup steps. If this is the case, see the next steps.
- On the BlackBerry 10 home screen, select Settings.
- On the System Settings page, select Accounts. If you haven't yet created any accounts, select Add Account.
- To get to advanced setup, on the Add Account page, select Email, Calendar, and Contacts. Then, select the menu icon beneath the Email Address box to access advanced setup options.
- On the Advanced Setup page, select Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync.
- Enter the settings for your account as follows. If you had just tried the previous procedure, some of these settings may already be entered for you.
- In Description, give your account a name.
- Leave the Domain field blank.
- In Email Address, type your full email address.
- In Username, type your full email address.
- In Password, type your password.
- In Server address, if you are using Office 365, type outlook.office365.com.
- Select Next. The Checking for supported services and policy information message displays.
- On the next page, specify the information you want to sync, and then select Done. The Saving and verifying your settings message displays.
- If your account was set up, you will see your account listed on the Accounts list.
- Go to the BlackBerry Hub to access your email account.
If you see the message that your account cannot be authenticated with your service provider, click OK, click Previous, and then verify that your settings are correct.
Windows Phone or a Windows 10 mobile device
To connect your email to a Windows phone or mobile device: