Student accounts (O365)
About your Email Account
All full-time and continuing education (CE) students are provided with an Office365 (O365) email account. O365 accounts are hosted by Microsoft and include:
- 50 GB of email storage
- 1 TB of document storage in your OneDrive .
- Document sharing and collaboration with other students using Word, Excel, PowerPoint and more.
To sign in to O365
- Go to myConestoga and sign in.
- Click to choose your Student Email from the Launchpad.
- You will be taken to your email.
- Check out this overview of your email, calendar, OneDrive and more.
If you like, drag and drop the Student Email icon up into your Favourite list. You can also see a preview of your email in the Student College Official Email window (to the left of Apps & Services).
You can also access your email using the direct link on the Conestoga home page.
On the page that opens, choose Student Email (Office 365). Sign in with your student email and password.
Faculty & staff accounts
All Full-time and Contract Employees are provided with a Microsoft Exchange email address. It can be accessed using either Outlook Desktop software, or the Employee Email (Outlook Web App) in myConestoga. Exchange accounts are hosted here on campus, and include:
- 2 GB of email storage (5 GB for administrative staff)
- 5 GB online archiving of emails (10 GB for administrative staff)
You have the choice of using Outlook, or the Outlook Web App in myConestoga. Use Outlook here on campus, and the Outlook Web App when away from a college computer, on an unsecured computer, or on a computer where Outlook is not installed.
To sign in to Outlook
- Open your computer's Start Menu.
- Search for the program "Outlook" by typing it in the Search bar.
- Double-click Outlook to open the program. When Outlook opens, you will automatically be guided through the process of setting up your inbox. Use your Conestoga email address and password to sign in.
- Check out our overview to get set up in Outlook 2013.
To sign in to Outlook Web App (Employee Email)
- Go to myConestoga.
- Sign in. Make sure you use your username and password. Do not use your employee number or contract number or you will not be able to see your email or networked drives.
- In the Launchpad, choose the Employee Email icon. If you like, drag and drop the icon into your Favourites list. You will be taken to your OWA email, which is the same as your Outlook, but a pared-down version of the software.
- Check out our overview to get set up using OWA.
Your email address and password
Your student email address is your username with @conestogac.on.ca added on the end. Older student accounts may have -email@example.com instead.
Students will have emails like firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com (This second format is no longer issued.)
Faculty and staff will have emails like firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com if another John Smith is already an employee at the college.
Your password is the same password you use with your username.
Learn how to use your new email
Check out our overview of your Office 365 (O365) email account. You can also consult Office's online support site.
Faculty & Staff
You can also consult Office's online support site to find out more.
Barracuda Networks: your anti-spam filter
To better protect your privacy and provide security, Conestoga has set up an anti-spam filter for your email. Learn to mark email as spam and whitelist safe mail senders using this tool.
Your email's expiry
Your email and username accounts are maintained until graduation, withdrawal, or course-completion.
|||Account Disabled||Account Deleted (Post-Conclusion)|
|Full Time Student||120 days||150 ( 120+30 ) days|
|Con-Ed Student||30 days||120 ( 30 + 90 ) days|
|De-Registered Student||7 days after de-registration.||14 ( 7 + 7 ) days|
Faculty & Staff
Your account will be available until your employment with the College concludes. The below table provides more information.
|||Account Disabled (Post-Conclusion)||Account Deleted (Post-Conclusion)|
|Full Time Employee||Day of||90 Days|
|Contract Employee||14 Days||90 Days|
|Contract Academic Employee||60 Days||300 Days|