Printing Guidelines for Open Labs
Listed below are several guidelines for printing on campus. These guidelines are also posted next to lab printers.
- All printing must be school-related.
- All Conestoga College students start with 40 non-refundable print credits.
- This Print Balance renews at the beginning of every term.
- Maximum print job size is 100 print pages (100 pages single-sided prints, 50 pages double-sided prints)
- The maximum number of copies per print job is 4.
- If you need to print more than 50 print pages, break your document down into smaller print jobs.
- Where possible, practice paper conservation:
- Use double-sided printing
- Print multiple pages on a single sheet
All print jobs are recorded. Conestoga College reserves the right to restrict a user's printing if inappropriate printing is occurring.
To continue printing, add funds to your ONECARD.
Listed below are paper sizes and the charges for printing/copying.
|Size||Color||Grayscale||Colour Duplex||Grayscale Duplex|
|Letter||$0.15||$0.05||$0.10 (each side)||$0.04 (each side)|
|Legal||$0.15||$0.05||$0.10 (each side)||$0.04 (each side)|
|Ledger (11x17)||$0.25||$0.10||$0.20 (each side)||$0.08 (each side)|
|Default (Other Sizes)||$0.25||$0.10||$0.20 (each side)||$0.08 (each side)|
Print from an Open Access Lab
Printing is available at Conestoga College, from any Open Access Computer.
- Simply print your document as you usually would, and pick it up from the printer.
- The cost of the print job will be automatically deducted from your Print Balance.
How to Check Your Print Balance
Please complete the following steps to check your current
- Go to the
Conestoga College Print Portal (only available on campus or with a VPN connection).
- Log in using your Conestoga Email and Password.
Balance will be displayed on the main page.
Use Mobility Print on your Laptop
If you would like to use Mobility Print please follow the steps below:
- Go to http://papercut01.conestogac.on.ca:9163/setup and follow the instructions on the screen.
- Download the Mobility Print Printer Setup file
- Select the printer you want to add to your device
4. Login with your CONDOR ID and password
5. This will install the software on your device.
How to Increase your Print Credits
To continue printing, add funds to your ONECARD
Employee Department Printers
How to Add a Printer to your laptop or computer
Note: Printers can only be added on campus. Printers cannot be added or accessed while connected to the VPN.
Step 1: Determine your Printer Server based on your location:
- Print Server: \\PSSF01B.conestogac.on.ca
- Print Server: \\PSSF01DS.conestogac.on.ca
- Print Server: \\PSSF01G.conestogac.on.ca
- Print Server: \\util01i.conestogac.on.ca
Kitchener - Doon campus (299 Doon Valley Dr.)
- Print Server: \\PSSFDOON.conestogac.on.ca (Main Building)
- Print Server: \\PSSFESB.conestogac.on.ca (ATS, Employee Service Building ESB, Rec Centre, Wood Skills)
- Print Server: \\PSSFSCSB.conestogac.on.ca (Welcome Centre)
Kitchener - Downtown campus
- Print Server: \\PSSF01DTK.conestogac.on.ca
- Print Server: \\util01s.conestogac.on.ca
- Print Server: \\PSSF01W.conestogac.on.ca
- Print Server: \\PS01R.conestogac.on.ca
- Print Server: \\PS01riverside.conestogac.on.ca
Step 2: Open the printers list window
Windows Key +
R to open the Run Windows. Type in two backslashes \\ followed by the name of the print server for your location. Click OK.
Step 3: Most laptops will automatically authenticate. However, some laptops might prompt for your email and password.
Step 4: Find the printer you would like to connect to in the window that pops up and double-click the printer. Windows should automatically find, install the driver, and add the printer to your laptop/computer. The printer will be named after the room it is in, prefixed with the letter P. Also, the name is usually on a label affixed to the front of the printer.
Step 5: Wait for the process to complete and do a test print.
Ordering Toner Cartridges for Office Use
To order a toner cartridge for office use, please complete the steps below:
- Fill out an& IT Services Equipment Order Form. Please make sure you include the proper Model of Printer or the Toner/Ink Cartridge Number.
- Send the requisition to
IT Services. The cartridge(s) will be delivered via Shipping and Receiving.
- If you need the cartridge right away, bring the completed purchase requisition to 2A209 and we will get the appropriate cartridge for you if they are in stock. Please call ext. 3413 to make sure someone is currently in the office.
- If there is more than one department in your office using the same printer, please include account numbers for each department on the requisition, and the costs will be divided according to the % amount after each account number on the requisition.
This process does not apply to the large Canon and Ricoh copiers.
Copier toners are ordered through your department and not through IT. For service to these machines, please contact their manufacturer.