Available through your O365 email account, your OneDrive lets you store and share 1 TB of content.
If you are new to using the OneDrive or cloud-based content storage, learn how to upload, share and present your content.
Working from Home with your OneDrive
To work remotely with content or documents stored in your OneDrive, simply log into your O365 email account. You can work online or offline, and your changes will sync automatically once connected to wi-fi.
|G: Drive||K: Drive|
The G: Drive is your individual work-related content storage space. It is provided to each employee, to give you a place to save your work.
You are allocated 2 GBs of storage.
The K: Drive (Scratch Drive) is a shared drive between faculty and students. It is provided to give faculty a location to store large program files, and executable files.
Permission for use of the K: Drive must be obtained from a department's Chair, and use of the drive is limited. Read the Guidelines for Use of the K: Drive to learn more.
|S: Drive||F: Drive|
The S: Drive is a shared drive among employees in a department. Your role will determine which folders you are given access to.
If you require access to a folder the S: Drive, please have your manager/coordinator e-mail the IT Service Desk with your name, the name of the folder you need access to, and whether you need Read Only or Read/Write access.
The F: Drive is a shared drive between IT Services and college employees. It is provided to give IT Services a place to post files that may be useful for employees, like software installation files.
How to Access a Networked Drive
- Login to a campus computer using your Condor ID and password.
- Double-click the Folder icon on the desktop or in the task bar.
- Under Computer, double-click the storage drive you want to access . The G:, K:, S:, or F: designation is at the end of the name.
A network share is accessible storage on the network that does not have a drive letter. It acts as a shortcut to resources which are not behind our network login. One of the most common network shares used for employees is \\fs05d\exams.
Access a Network Share
To access a Network Share on a college computer please complete the following steps:
- Loginto a campus computer using your Condor ID and password.
- Double-click the folder icon in the taskbar to open the File Explorer.
- Type the name of the network share in the address bar.
- Press Enter.
- You will see the available files in the network share appear in the file explorer window.
Working from Home with Networked Drives or Shares
When working from home, you may want to access documents stored on your drive. To connect to your drive, use our secure V.P.N. connection.
Login to the V.P.N.
- Go to MyConestoga, and log in.
- In the Launchpad, click the icon for Off-Campus Access (V.P.N).
- If prompted again, enter your Condor ID and password. Click Sign In.
- If it is your first time logging in to the V.P.N. on that computer you may need to install the "JuniperSetupClient.cab" add-on. Follow the on-screen instructions to do so.
- You will be taken into the main page for V.P.N. access to your drives.
Access files in the G: or S: Drive when using the V.P.N.
- Under the Files heading, click on the name of the drive you wish to access.
- You will see a list of all the files available on that drive. Click the folder or file you want to access, as you usually would.
- This will download the file from your drive to your computer.
- Make any revisions you like. Save the changes locally on your computer. (You can delete it once you have completed the following steps.)
- When finished, upload the document to the drive. To do so, click into the folder you will upload the document into.
- Click Upload Files...
- Click Browse...
- Locate and select the file you wish to upload.
- Click Open.
- Repeat steps 6-9, to a maximum of 5 files uploaded at once.
- Click Upload.
A File Transfer Status pop-up will appear. Once it is done (100%), click Close. The file(s) will now be available on your storage drive
Bookmark the Files or Folders you use Frequently
Once bookmarked, files and folders will appear on the V.P.N. main page, letting you click more quickly into them.
- Find and select the file or folder you would like to bookmark. To select the file or folder, check the box before the file name.
- Click either Bookmark Selected... or Bookmark current folder. Both will do the same task.
- A new page will load, where you can revise the name of the folder or file to be clearer. You can also leave it as it appears and skip to step 4.
- Choose Add Bookmark.
- You will be taken back to the main V.P.N. page, and your bookmark will appear below the storage drives.
Access a Network Share in the V.P.N.
- Enter the name of the network share in the search box in the top-right.
- Click Browse. Your network share should be available.
- To save this network share for future access, you can click Bookmark Current Folder in the top-right. It will appear on the main V.P.N. page.
Log in for IT Staff
For additional security, IT Staff use Duo Authentication to log into the V.P.N.
- Go to the Conestoga V.P.N. Duo page.
- Enter your Condor ID and password.
- Click the green Enter a Passcode button.
- On your Duo fob, press the button. This will generate a numeric passcode. Enter this into the empy field.
- Click Log in. You will be taken to the main V.P.N. page.