VPN Office Campus Access
When working from home, you may want to access documents stored on your network drives. To connect to your drives, download Pulse Secure VPN client for remote desktop.
Step 1: Download and install Pulse Secure VPN Client on your device
Step 2: Add New VPN Connection
- To add a new connection, click on the + sign.
- Select connection type as Policy Secure (UAC) or Connect Secure (VPN) and server URL: vpn.conestogac.on.ca. Select Connect.
Step 3: Connect to VPN
- Once you've clicked on your "Connection" tab, enter your Condor ID and password to create a connection.
- The VPN shows Connected.
You are now connected to the VPN and can access the college sites and services.
Log in for IT Staff
For additional security, IT Staff use Duo Authentication to log into the V.P.N.
- Go to the Conestoga VPN Duo page.
- Enter your Condor ID and password.
- Click the green Enter a Passcode button.
- On your Duo fob, press the button. This will generate a numeric passcode. Enter this into the empty field.
- Click Log in. You will be taken to the main V.P.N. page.
Top 3 uses for VPN
Accessing network drives
Login to the VPN from myConestoga:
- Go to MyConestoga, and log in.
- In the Launchpad, click the icon for Off-Campus Access (VPN).
- If prompted again, enter your Condor ID and password. Click Sign In.
- If it is your first time logging into the V.P.N. on that computer you may need to install the "JuniperSetupClient.cab" add-on. Follow the on-screen instructions to do so.
- You will be taken into the main page for V.P.N. access to your drives.
Access files in the G: or S: Drive when using the VPN.
- Under the Files heading, click on the name of the drive you wish to access.
- You will see a list of all the files available on that drive. Click the folder or file you want to access, as you usually would.
- This will download the file from your drive to your computer.
- Make any revisions you like. Save the changes locally on your computer. (You can delete it once you have completed the following steps.)
- When finished, upload the document to the drive. To do so, click into the folder you will upload the document into.
- Click Upload Files...
- Click Browse...
- Locate and select the file you wish to upload.
- Click Open.
- Repeat steps 6-9, to a maximum of 5 files uploaded at once.
- Click Upload.
A File Transfer Status pop-up will appear. Once it is done (100%), click Close. The file(s) will now be available on your storage drive
Access a Network Share in the VPN.
- Enter the name of the network share in the search box in the top-right.
- Click Browse. Your network share should be available.
- To save this network share for future access, you can click Bookmark Current Folder in the top-right. It will appear on the main VPN page.
Once you've logged in to Pulse Secure/VPN, you can now access SIS from any web browser.
If you are still having trouble with your SIS access, please check our SIS support page, then contact the IT Service desk via our chat to help troubleshoot.
Using Remote Desktop
- Type "RDP" into the Windows 10 search bar. You will see "Remote Desktop Application" appear.
- Start the Remote Desktop Connection application.
- When prompted for Computer, enter your desktop-name, including the ".conestogac.on.ca"
- Enter your Login & Password. If you see an initial warning that your credentials did not work, try once again.
- You should now be logged in, and you should see your normal desktop.
- You are now controlling your office desktop computer remotely.