Why is my account locked?
Your account will lock in one of a few cases.
- You enter your password incorrectly 3 or more times.
- You changed your password recently but did not update the password on other devices you use to access the campus Wi-Fi, like your phone, tablet, or laptop.
First, forget the network on all your devices
Your laptop, your phone, your tablet, all need to forget the network, if you have connected them to the Wi-Fi. They store your old password, which you will update once you have changed your password.
On your phone or tablet
- Go to your Settings. You can swipe down from the top, or find the Settings app.
- Under Connections, go to Wi-Fi.
- Tap on CCsecure or Staff, whichever network you are connecting with.
- Tap Forget.
- In your Settings, go to Wi-Fi.
- Tap on the Information icon next to the network you are connected with.
- Tap Forget this Network at the top.
- Confirm by tapping Forget.
- Go to Wi-Fi.
- Tap the Saved Networks icon.
- Tap CCSecure or Staff, whichever you are connected to.
- Tap Delete icon.
- Confirm by tapping OK.
On your laptop
- Click on the Wi-Fi menu icon and choose Open Network Preferences, or go to the Apple Menu, choose System Preferences and then choose Network Preferences.
- Select Wi-Fi from the sidebar, then choose the Advanced option.
- Go to the Wi-Fi tab and find the Preferred Networks list. CCSecure will be listed there.
- Select CCSecure and then choose the [-] minus button to remove (forget) the wireless network.
- Confirm to forget the wi-fi network by choosing Remove.
- Click OK, then exit out of System Preferences, choose Apply if asked.
- Click on the Wifi Networks icon available in the Taskbar.
- A window will pop out. Choose Network settings.
- In the Network settings window, click Manage wifi settings.
- In the Manage Wi-Fi Settings window, scroll to the bottom. There will be a list of all available saved Wifi networks.
- Choose CCsecure and click Forget.
*Please note, this only works if you are within range of the Wi-Fi Network.
- Go to Settings
- Hit the keyboard shortcut Windows Key + i.
- Click the Wireless icon.
- Right-click CCsecure and choose Forget This Network.
- Open the Start Menu and search for Manage Wireless Networks.
- Find CCSecure in the wireless network manager.
- Right-click and select Delete.
- Right-click on the wireless icon.
- Select Edit Connections...
- Select CCsecure.
- Delete the network.
Next, unlock your account
- Go to the Conestoga Password Reset site.
- Follow the onscreen prompts to complete the account unlock.
Log in to the computer and the Wi-Fi on your devices, like you usually would.