What is Zoom?
Zoom is a cloud-based meeting platform that provides video, audio, and screen sharing options across multiple platforms, including mobile. You can join any Zoom meeting by clicking the meeting URL, or by entering the meeting ID into the Zoom Web Portal, the desktop app, or mobile app. Conestoga provides Zoom web conference software for staff, faculty, and students for teaching and collaboration purposes.
- Full video conferencing functionality
Up to 300 attendees per session
- Screen and application sharing
- Support for Android and iOS mobile platforms
- Single sign-on integration (Use Conestoga account credentials)
Record and share meetings
- Integration with email/calendar/browser applications
Support Information for Students, Staff, and Faculty
Zoom Quick Start Guide (PDF)
Scheduling A Meeting
- We recommend that you schedule meetings in the Zoom meetings web interface.
Hosting a Meeting
Joining a Meeting
- Learn more about
how to join Zoom meetings from different devices.
- Windows / MacOS / Linux / Android / iOS / Web browser / Zoom messaging / Telephone
- If you're interested in pre-assigning breakout rooms, you can learn more about how to do this.
- Use this template .csv file to be able to pre-assign the groups.
- Zoom Blog article: "All You Need to Know About Using Zoom Breakout Rooms"
By default, all Conestoga accounts have captioning enabled for cloud recordings. It is recommended to use the
Record to the Cloud option.
If you choose to record locally, you will then need to upload your video to a streaming service in order to share.
You can generate reports on attendance and poll responses in Zoom.
Other help topics:
Get Started with Zoom
Join a Zoom meeting
Invite meeting participants (instant, or scheduled)
Meeting Host Controls